Untethered 4.2.1 Jailbreak!
The Chronic Dev Team has now released an untethered 4.2.1 jailbreak — Greenpois0n!
Head on over to the Greenpois0n website to download! Here is my guide on how to perform this operation:
- Check to be sure you're running iOS 4.2.1 by going to Settings > General > About and looking under Firmware. (Greenpois0n will not work with any other firmware right now.).
- Download Greenpois0n from http://www.greenpois0n.com.
- Plug your iPhone to your computer via the USB cable, then open up Greenpois0n. Click the Jailbreak button.
- As soon as you push jailbreak, you will have to follow step by step instructions for putting your iPhone into DFU mode:
- Press and hold the sleep button for 3 seconds.
- Continue holding the sleep button while pressing the home button for 10 seconds.
- Release the sleep button while still holding the home button for 15 seconds.
- Your device should now be ready for the jailbreak process. Just wait a little bit while Greenpois0n does its thing.
- Once your device is jailbroken, you will see a new Loader icon. Launch the Loader application and install Cydia from the options.
- Lastly, reboot your iPhone and Cydia should be installed.
*BAM* you are DONE!
Remember that this is for iPhone 3Gs, iPod touch 2G MC model, iPod touch 3G, iPod touch 4, iPad, and iPhone 4. If you are rocking anything else, then stick to the Redsn0w version!
The Phone Guy, Uhriaha